This funding program is exclusively designed and meant for the support of international co-productions of feature films and high-end series only. International co-productions can be funded either within the general or this special funding program. In addition, the FFF funding can be combined with any other national or international support.
In order to get access to the FFF Bayern - or any other national funding program - international productions require a German co-producer. A list of Bavarian co-production partners can be found here.
FEATURE FILMS | HIGH-END SERIES
- (Co-)producers based in Germany or with a branch office in Germany can apply
- At least one co-production partner must be from a country outside of the German speaking countries
- A considerable part of the production and 50 % of the shooting days must take place in Bavaria
- The project must show international exploitation potential
- Minimum budget: € 5 million for feature films, € 20,000 per minute for high-end series
- Maximum funding amount: € 2 million
- Minimum German co-production share: 50 % or € 5 million for feature films, 30 % or € 5 million for high-end series
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS, PRODUCTION SERVICE PROVIDERS | VIRTUAL SHOOTING
- Production service providers based in Germany can apply
- Grants up to 20 % of the executive producers production costs
- Maximum funding amount: € 500,000