The Film Commission Bayern is in constant contact with the Film Permit Office of the City of Munich, the Ministry of Health and other authorities issuing permits. This page is constantly updated and supplemented with regard to production-relevant information. This is done with all due care, but no guarantee or legal advice can be given.
Please feel free to get in contact with us for any questions you may have or help you need.
latest update 07.04.2021
Extension of Corona measures in Bavaria until 18th April 2021
In Bavaria, the existing measures to contain the Corona pandemic have been extended until April 18th, 2021.
As far as we know, "professional activities" have so far not been affected by the contact restrictions and possible night-time curfews; accordingly, this also applies to professional filming.
In any case, however, we strongly advise you to contact the local authorities directly.
Filming permits in Munich
At the present time, the Film Service Office continues to issue filming permits, special use permits and no-stopping zones for film shoots. Enclosed are the current regulations for filming in the city of Munich, which were developed after the first lockdown, in consultation with the Health Department, and are valid until further notice.
Due to the current Corona pandemic, the following must be observed when carrying out film and photo work:
- The applicants or the productions have to work out a protection and hygiene concept in advance and present it to the responsible district administration authority upon request.
- All participants must wear a mouth-nose covering. This does not apply to the actors during filming.
- Scenes that require physical contact are to be reduced to a minimum.
- The actors are requested to observe the appropriate hygiene measures. Changes to the script are to be accepted in cases of doubt.
- It must be ensured that no bystander comes closer than 1.5 m to the production staff.
- Accordingly, when choosing the filming location or selecting the base areas, care must be taken to ensure that an appropriate minimum distance from production participants is maintained along adjacent sidewalks and bike paths, even for uninvolved third parties.
- There must be no accumulation of onlookers at the edge of the production. The licensee must ensure this within a radius of 10 m outside the production area. If necessary, special personnel must be deployed for this purpose.
Information and inquiries:
Service Office Film / MOR Munich
Phone: 089 233-39777
InGermany, the individual States are responsible for quarantine regulations. The States have put in place their own regulations on the basis of a specimen regulation.
According to the Bavarian „Ordinance on Post-Entry Quarantine Measures for Combatting the Coronavirus (EQV), quarantine in some cases is or is not required. You can contact us about this at any time.
General situation in Germany / social distancing / travel restrictions / quarantine
Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions by the Federal Ministry of Interior, Building and Community
For individual inquiries about entry requirements, please contact the relevant authority:
County of Munich:
COVID 19 GUIDANCE by BG ETEM - General information on the implementation of the SARS CoV-2 Occupational Health and Safety Standard here
(Guidelines for film productions by the German Social Accident Insurance Institution for the energy, textile, electrical and media product sector BG ETEM)
SARS-CoV-2 Safety Guidelines issued by the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs here
Download Corona basic rules:
Covid testing on set:
Die Coronatester (Munich and surroundings)
Corona-Teststelle (Munich and surroundings)
PCR tests in test centres (fee required, results after a few hours)
www.schnelltest.bayern (Munich, within 3 hrs)
www.corona-teststelle.de (Munich, within 6-8 hrs)
muc.airport-lab.com (Munich Airport, outside the security area, within 3-6 hrs)
www.airport-nuernberg.de/corona-test (Nuremburg Airport, within 24-48 hrs)
in pharmacies (throughout Bavaria incl. Munich)
Private Covid test centres (Munich only)
Frequently Asked Questions answered by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Health here
Current information for travellers by the Federal Ministry of Health here
FAQ regarding corona testing when travelling to Germany here
FFF Bayern Info about Corona - Aid
Detailed information on measures and funding programmes of the FFF Bayern and the federal and state governments can be found on this website (DE).