The restrictions and measures currently in force in Bavaria with regard to the Corona pandemic are formulated in the Infection Protection Measures Ordinance. Find here the German Version of the Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance:
Fourteenth Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (in german, will be replaced by an english version asap.)
"Professional activities" are not affected by the contact restriction (§6 section 1) according to §6 section 3. According to our knowledge and multiple feedback from the StMGP, this also applies to professional filming activities.
For legally binding information, we urgently advise contacting the authorising authority directly.
Filming permits in Munich
Filming permits, special use permits and no-stopping zones for film shoots in Munich must be applied for at the Film Service Office.
In view of the current situation in the Corona pandemic, the general behavioral recommendations for infection protection from the current Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (BayIfSMV) must also be observed and implemented when carrying out filming, photography and sound work outdoors.
- Maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other persons and, where this is not possible, wearing a medical face mask,
- sufficient hand hygiene,
- adequate ventilation of enclosed spaces such as tents, mobile homes,
- the requirement to wear a medical face mask in enclosed spaces, unless an exemption applies.
It is further recommended:
- Scenes that require physical contact should be kept to a minimum.
- For questioning and interviews, the use of sound fishing rods is to be preferred. Microphones are to be thoroughly disinfected after each individual use or the sound attachment is to be changed. A minimum distance of 1.5 meters must be maintained from persons being interviewed.
- Crowds of onlookers are to be avoided.
- The requirements of occupational health and safety and the respective current occupational health and safety regulations (e.g. SARS-CoV-2 Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance, SARS-CoV-2 Occupational Health and Safety Regulation) are to be implemented.
Contact / information and inquiries:
Service Office Film / MOR Munich
Phone: 089 233-39777
The Coronavirus Entry Regulations, dated July 30, 2021, uniformly regulate the registration, detection, and quarantine requirements, as well as the transportation ban from virus variant areas nationwide.
Find here the Coronavirus entry regulation (only in German, will be updated soon)
- Beginning August 1, 2021, all entrants - whether or not they have been in a high-risk area or virus variant area - will be required to have proof of non-existence of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection (vaccination, test, recovery proof) upon entry.
- High-risk areas will be designated in two categories beginning August 1, 2021: High Risk Areas and Virus Variant Areas. The category of "simple" risk areas will be eliminated.
An overwiew of the high risk areas and Virus Variant Areas regularly updated by the RKI can be foung here.
Further links to quarantine and entry regulations:
But here you will find the most important questions and answers in english about digital entry registration, proof of arrival and entry quarantine.
Bundesgesundheitsministerium - Current information for travellers
General nationwide restrictions on entry were summarised in an easily understandable way by Lufthansa:
Lufthansa - Entry into Germany
For entry from (at least) a high risk area, a digital registration on entry must be completed.
For business trips to the risk area or return trips from the risk area, the professional activity must be recorded "informally". A suitable template is provided by the Federal Ministry of the Interior.
General situation in Germany / social distancing / travel restrictions / quarantine
Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions by the Federal Ministry of Interior, Building and Community
For individual inquiries about entry requirements, please contact the relevant authority:
County of Munich:
(Guidelines for film productions by the German Social Accident Insurance Institution for the energy, textile, electrical and media product sector BG ETEM)
SARS-CoV-2 Safety Guidelines issued by the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs here
Download Corona basic rules:
Covid testing on set:
Die Coronatester (Munich and surroundings)
Corona-Teststelle (Munich and surroundings)
PCR tests in test centres (fee required, results after a few hours)
www.schnelltest.bayern (Munich, within 3 hrs)
www.corona-teststelle.de (Munich, within 6-8 hrs)
muc.airport-lab.com (Munich Airport, outside the security area, within 3-6 hrs)
www.airport-nuernberg.de/corona-test (Nuremburg Airport, within 24-48 hrs)
in pharmacies (throughout Bavaria incl. Munich)
Private Covid test centres (Munich only)
Frequently Asked Questions answered by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Health here
Current information for travellers by the Federal Ministry of Health here
FAQ regarding corona testing when travelling to Germany here