The Film Commission Bavaria is in constant exchange with the KVR Munich (Servicebüro Film) and other authorities that issue permits. The Corona crisis poses unexpected challenges to the film industry and raises new questions every day, whether filming permits are granted, what the entry regulations to Germany are, what hygiene and health requirements apply to shooting.
This page is constantly being updated and supplemented with information relevant to production.
Please feel free to get in contact with us for any questions you may have or help you need.
Extension and tightening of Corona measures in Bavaria until 14.2.2021
In Bavaria, the existing measures to contain the Corona pandemic have been extended until Feb. 14, 2021, and some points, including contact restrictions in the private sector, have been tightened again. The adjustment and extension of the lockdown was carried out in coordination with the federal government all other states. This nationwide "lockdown" is to apply at least until 14.2.2021
As far as we know, professional obligations are not affected by the restrictions; this also applies accordingly to filming.
In any case, however, we strongly advise you to contact the local authorities directly.
Filming permits in Munich
At the present time, the Film Service Office continues to issue filming permits, special use permits and no-stopping zones for film shoots. Enclosed are the current regulations for filming in the city of Munich, which were developed after the first lockdown, in consultation with the Health Department, and are valid until further notice.
Due to the current Corona pandemic, the following must be observed when carrying out film and photo work:
- The applicants or the productions have to work out a protection and hygiene concept in advance and present it to the responsible district administration authority upon request.
- All participants must wear a mouth-nose covering. This does not apply to the actors during filming.
- Scenes that require physical contact are to be reduced to a minimum.
- The actors are requested to observe the appropriate hygiene measures. Changes to the script are to be accepted in cases of doubt.
- It must be ensured that no bystander comes closer than 1.5 m to the production staff.
- Accordingly, when choosing the filming location or selecting the base areas, care must be taken to ensure that an appropriate minimum distance from production participants is maintained along adjacent sidewalks and bike paths, even for uninvolved third parties.
- There must be no accumulation of onlookers at the edge of the production. The licensee must ensure this within a radius of 10 m outside the production area. If necessary, special personnel must be deployed for this purpose.
Information and inquiries:
Service Office Film / KVR Munich
Phone: 089 233-39777
Entry / quarantine regulations
Currently, we are receiving more and more inquiries about the changed quarantine regulations on entry into Germany/Bavaria.
The Federal Government has decided on new regulations as of November 8th, the concrete implementation of which lies with the Federal States. If you are entering Bavaria or other regions in Germany you have to observe the regulations valid for the respective federal province.
Do I have to go into quarantine upon entry? Click here for the entry quarantine check of the STMGP (in German)
General situation in Germany / social distancing / travel restrictions / quarantine
Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions by the Federal Ministry of Interior, Building and Community
COVID 19 GUIDANCE by BG ETEM - General information on the implementation of the SARS CoV-2 Occupational Health and Safety Standard here
(Guidelines for film productions by the German Social Accident Insurance Institution for the energy, textile, electrical and media product sector BG ETEM)
SARS-CoV-2 Safety Guidelines issued by the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs here
Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions answered by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Health here
Current information for travellers by the Federal Ministry of Health here
FAQ regarding corona testing when travelling to Germany here
FFF Bayern Info about Corona - Aid
Further detailed information on measures and support programmes of the FFF Bayern, the federal and state governments and on other Corona-specific issues can be found on this website here